Monday, December 14, 2009

Going Tubing

"Oh gosh!" I said. The boat went up and down. I was in my friend's dad's boat. Five people were going tubing including me.I never have gone tubing before. I had to were a lifejacket because that was one of the rules.The rules were that if you were 12 or younger you had to were a life jacket. But if you were going tubing it didn't matter how old you were, you had to were a life jacket. I was very nervous because I didn't know what would happen to me. I knew I wouldn't drown because we had to were life jackets. But I was so nervous. The good thing was, I didn't go first. My brother's friend did. The boat went fast. "If I'm on the boat and I'm scared, how am I going to go tubing?" I asked myself. I saw him hanging tight on handles. As I was looking I saw him flipping over! Wow! "I sure don't want to flip over!" I said to my self. As more people went on the tube, more flipped over. "All right junior." said the guy who was driving the boat. I got on the tube. The laddie told me the signs if I wanted to go faster, slower, or to stop.I got on the tube. I said O.K. and the boat started to move. At first it was nice and slow. But then it went so fast! It went so fast I thought my hart was going to stop. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know to jump of the tube or to keep on going. But there was a better solution. I just gave the sign that I wanted to go slower. The laddie saw the sign. She told the driver to go slower. So it went slower. It still went fast, but slower. The rest of the time I was on the tube, it was less scary. But there were still scary parts when I was tubing. When I finished with the ride, I happily got back on the boat.

1 comment:

Dan Maas said...

Sounds like fun! I'm planning on doing some snow-boarding this holiday break...